Monday, October 31, 2016

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: Creating a Book Of Magic with Pigment Powders

Come in for a spell...I have a Boo(!)k of Magic for you! I am thrilled to show you what I created with Pigment Powder Brown and Pigment Silver from Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® line. What do you think?


I painted the paper mache book box with black chalkboard paint (three coats with dry time in between coats) on the outside and inside of the box.


Then I added crackle paint to give it interest and age it a bit. Realized that this particular product dries white! LOL! So I painted another coat of black chalkboard paint but it brought beautiful cracks. It helps to read the instructions! LOL!


While the paint dries, I trimmed cute patterned paper to fit inside the box. Before I adhered with my E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser, I edge the papers with the same black chalkboard paint.


I repeated the same process with the chipboard letters as I did with the book box, except the first coat was crackle paint and then black chalkboard paint. Lesson learned...HA!


Now for the fun part! I mixed Pigment Powder Brown and Pigment Powder Silver together with the Girlie Grunge Art Medium. To make it more of a paint, I added a little bit of water.


With a foam brush and a wet towel, I applied my paint to the book box and wiped away with the wet towel until I liked the look. The narrow areas between the letters, I applied cotton tip swabs. Let dry. Re-apply paint if needed until you get your desired look.


For the final touch, I applied a pair of googly eyes with the Dual Tip Glue Pen for a fun element.


Now to add candy or fun treat boxes like the ones here :)



Supplies:
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:
E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser
Home Hobby Dual Tip Glue Pen
Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:
Pigment Powder Brown
Pigment Powder Silver
Girlie Grunge Art Medium
Others:
Black Chalkboard Paint: Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft®
Crackle Paint: Viva
Chipboard Letters: American Craft (Thickers)
Patterned Papers and Treat Boxes: Lawn Fawn
Googly Eyes; Paper Mache Book Box; Foam Brush

Looking for more Halloween inspiration, check out Halloween ideas with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Halloween and be safe out there!
Margie Higuchi


No comments: