Monday, October 17, 2016

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: How to Create a Girlie Grunge Monogram Tag


Today on Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Blog: I had a tag that was pink...now I like pink but this color did not speak to me. LOL! So I covered it with Girlie Grunge Tissue Tape in Denim - who doesn't love denim? It would be the perfect background to what I had in mind.

This tag is dedicated to my sweet friend, Ellen, who I will always remember her wearing blue jeans, boots and a cowgirl hat...she was my hip friend. We lost her this past weekend to a tragic house fire. Love ya, girlie!


I covered this tag with Girlie Grunge Tissue Tape in Denim from Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L collection. This tape is forgiving....if you missed a spot, you can pick up the tape and re-do.



Next I tint Girlie Grunge Art Medium with Pigment Powder Gold. Add a little water to make a little more liquidity (is that a word? lol!). Then I painted over a piece of 6" strip of Texture Ribbons in White Burlap - this will not only stiffen the ribbon but it gives it a beautiful golden color. Let dry (I let it dry overnite).


When the gold burlap dried, I die-cut a letter "E" using my steel rule die and manual die-cutting machine. I also die-cut two different sizes of my labels die to frame the initial. I used the Dual Tip Glue Pen to adhere the letter to the small label and for the small label, 3D Foam Squares - White, Regular.



Set the die cuts aside to work on the bottom of the tag to create a layered border using Lace Ribbons and Girlie Grunge Twine in Navy. I used Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8" Permanent and Dodz Adhesive Dots Mini to secure all on the tag.


Using the bottom border as a guide, I adhered the layered die cut with E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips Refillable Dispenser to the center of the tag. Then I tied a knot with the Lace Ribbons in Crocheted Lace Trim to finish.


Supplies:
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:

3D Foam Squares - White, Regular
Dodz Adhesive Dots Mini
E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips Refillable Dispenser
Home Hobby Dual Tip Glue Pen
Home Hobby Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8" Permanent
Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:
Girlie Grunge Tissue Tape in Denim
Girlie Grunge Art Medium
Pigment Powder Gold
Texture Ribbons
Lace Ribbons
Girlie Grunge Twine
Other:
Dies and Die Cutting & Embossing Machine: Spellbinders® Creative Arts
Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny Press
Tag

Hug your friends today - consider yourself hugged!

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH









No comments: